The gathering of ideas for this assignment was a bit tough at first. It took me quite some time to decide exactly what I wanted to do. I have a strong belief that true friends should honor and value one another, so I decided I would write a friendship policy.
I made it not only formal, but fairly practical, too. My policy discusses ethics, and even throws in a clause which allows a friend to go above and beyond ethics in order to help the other, which all friends do at one time or another. In addition, it strongly advises against the two friends ever becoming roommates with one another. This comes from my experience. Several years ago, I became roommates with my best friend from high school. While this seemed like a great idea at first, we slowly began to get on each others' nerves and conflict shortly ensued. We learned a lot about each others' negative aspects, and it basically ruined the friendship. To this day, we rarely speak.
I feel my friendship policy is fairly practical and touches upon the important aspects of friendship which two people should respect. In addition to this, the policy strongly reflects my personal feelings and experience, which I believe allowed me much ease in completing the assignment seeing as I never came to a "writer's block." This assignment was one of the more enjoyable ones.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment