I decided to use "A Poem to the Man Who Shot My Father" by Patricia Smith again for the re-cast. I originally was going to somehow turn the poem into a newspaper article describing the event that is discussed in the poem, as well as describe her feelings. However, my thought process went something like this: "Newspaper article authors get their information sometimes through what? Interviewing." Thus, I decided to turn the poem into an interview.
During this interview, the interviewer (whom I imagined to most likely be me) is interviewing Patricia Smith. She replies to my questions about the murder of her father in a manner similar that of the poem. I wrote her as replying to my questions in a fairly strong and emotional manner, as I imagined any person would under similar circumstances.
I enjoyed this assignment almost as much as the parody assignment. When I'm bored, I'm guilty of thinking of silly parodies to song lyrics, movie titles and/or scenes. I'm adept at creating parodies during times of boredom, and I felt these two were the perfect assignments for me.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment